Saturday, May 20, 2006

SC Candidate & Move

I read in Baptist Press that Dr. Frank Page, pastor of FBC Taylors in South Carolina is throwing his hat into the ring for the SBC presidency. I read this with interest because I am going to be moving just a few miles from his church and am planning to visit it as part of our "find a church" process beginning in June. I suppose now he'll be a bit busy the first weekend we're in SC; that's the week of the convention in Greensboro. Dr. Page is a Southwestern man--that's a plus! For those looking for a church giving at least 10% to the CP, his does.

For more on Dr. Page: http://bpnews.net/bpnews.asp?ID=23284.


By the way, I plan to blog on our "find a church" experience as we go. It's been a long time since I've just been a "regular Baptist" looking for a church home. In 1993 we joined Travis Avenue in Ft. Worth after moving to seminary from Florida. We visited three or four churches before joining Travis. When we moved back to Texas in 1999, we just automatically went back to Travis. So it has been 13 years since we looked for a church. It will be fun. FBC Taylors is on our list as is Fairview in Greer. When we visited the area, we noticed Baptist churches everywhere. A good church won't be a problem. Our main criterion, I think, is a good youth group for our 16 year old daughter to blend in with. We want to join a church as soon as the Lord allows so she can get to know some other kids before school starts in August. Enough blog blabbering; I'll keep you informed of our progress once we get to SC.

No comments: