Monday, May 15, 2006

Last Sermons

My last sermons at Riverside are coming next Sunday. It is always a bit difficult to determine what your final words to a congregation ought to be. I've always suffered over them a bit. My ministry here has been six-and-a-half years. What can I say that I haven't said? What ought to be said? Perhaps my grandfather was right. When I told him that I was called to ministry 20+ years ago, he gave my good advice. He said to always preach Jesus and Him crucified. You can never go wrong with that subject! I'll let you know later what I've decided on this matter. I've also decided that the subject of final sermons would be a good subject for further investigation. Perhaps something has been written already, but as you know, that never keeps one from killing more trees on the same subject!

No comments: