Friday, April 07, 2006

Jesus Walked on Ice?

Well here we go again. Professor Doron Nof of the Florida State University says that Jesus walked on ice instead of water. Professor Nof used records of the Mediterranean Sea's surface temps and statistics models to examine the dynamics of the Sea of Galilee. The study found that a period of cooler temps in the area between 1,500 and 2,600 years ago could have included the decades when Jesus lived. Thus, Jesus walked on ice.

The telling quote from this story is Nof saying, "If you ask me if I believe someone walked on water, no, I don't . . . Maybe somebody walked on the ice, I don't know. I believe something natural was there that explains it."

Something natural explains it. Professor Nof joins a long line of people who for two millennia have tried to explaim away the miraculous.

If Jesus is God, walking on water is no problem!

No comments: