Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter Sermon

We had the best attendance at Riverside on Easter than in a long time. Praise the Lord! My sermon was based on Romans 1:1-4, especially verse 4. Jesus "was established as the powerful Son of God by the resurrection from the dead."

Title: The Meaning of Easter

You can believe Jesus rose from the dead, as in many opinion polls, but do you know what Easter means?
  • It Means Jesus Is Who He Says He Is--In essence, I spoke of His proclamation as the "I Am". I then briefly discussed the "I Am" statements found in John. He also proclaimed Himself as the Son of Man. I dealt here with Daniel 7:13-14 and some key statements found in Matthew [9:6; 12:8; 16:27 for example]. Who is He? He proclaimed Himself God.
  • It Means Jesus Can Do What He Promised He to Do-He promised to save and give life [1 Timothy 1:15; Luke 19:10; Matthew 20:28; John 10:10].

What difference does it make? Read 1 Corinthians 15:12-20. Your faith is based on truth; your sins are forgiven; you have the hope of eternal life and of a future resurrection!

No comments: