Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Going Home for Christmas

My family and I are heading home for Christmas. Blogging will be on the back burner while I "strap on the feedbag," enjoying all those Christmas favorites--whatever food is set before me! Where is "home" you ask? It is in the Bootheel of Missouri--Kennett. You might know Kennett as the home of Sheryl Crow, but it is also the home of the much less famous Patton gang.

My prayer for you is the same for us--May the Christ of Christmas be very real to you each day! Let's allow God's Word to be our last word for now.

"Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of a great joy which shall be for all the people; for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. And this will be a sign for you; you will find a baby wrapped in cloths, and lying in a manger. And suddenly there appeared with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among men with whom He is pleased" [Luke 2:10-14 NASB].

No comments: