Sunday, November 12, 2006

Weekend Musings

Some random thoughts on the weekend.

I preached tonight at Davidson Street Baptist Church in Clinton. Pastor Kenny Moore has a great congregation, and the Lord moved mightily. We had a good time in an old fashioned Sunday night Baptist service--it was a blessing!

Veteran's Day--I'm thankful for the service of our men and women in uniform. I always think of my two grandfathers who served in WWII, my uncles who served in Vietnam, and the many men and women I've pastored who served in the military. God bless them all!

Tis the Season? We were in a store this week and Christmas music was already pumping! Isn't it a bit early for Jingle Bells? Also, as we drove in from Clinton tonight, we saw two houses with Christmas lights on already. Let's get my favorite holiday--Thanksgiving over first!

Congratulations NGU! The football team is 9-2 and hosting the "Victory Bowl" this week. This is apparently the game between the two best Christian college teams each year. We're playing Malone College out of Ohio. I hope we show some good ol' southern hospitality, but also I hope we win!

No comments: