Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Various Musings

Sorry that I have not written in a while. I'm very much behind with papers to grade and final preparations for the end of the semester to make. We have had some good friends of ours with us this weekend. Ed and Rose Pilarczyk from Graceville, FL were with us. Ed and Rose were among the first to join our church in Florida in 1989 shortly after we arrived. Ed and I were classmates at Florida Baptist Theological College, and they have been friends ever since.

I had the privilege of preaching this past Sunday at our home church--Fairview in Greer. We had a good crowd, the choir was excellent, and I really was blessed by the experience. My text was Matthew 18:21-35, the Parable of the Unforgiving Servant. I rather think that the parable should be entitled, The Parable of the Forgiving God, because we should ask what a text says about God rather than what it says about us. Anyway, I pray the message was used by the Lord.

We heard last night that our former church, Riverside in Ft. Worth, called a pastor last Sunday. May the Lord bless him and that great congregation!

Thanksgiving is ahead. I hope during the long weekend to catch up on a few things I've wanted to write. We'll see. I'm thankful for the Lord's blessings--family, friends, and faith. I can't wait for Lesa's turkey and dressing!

No comments: