Monday, July 23, 2007

Fairview Call

Yesterday Fairview extended a call for my family and me to serve there by unanimous vote. It was the culmination of what has been the most unusual times of my life. When we arrived in South Carolina last year, in no way was I looking to pastor a church. In the back of my mind I hadn't ruled it out forever, but I was looking for many years at North Greenville. God had other plans.

Only God can take a guy from Texas to a church via a university. His ways are certainly greater than our ways! Pray for us as we begin this journey officially on August 1. Fairview is a great church with God-given opportunity. An open-door is before us. My prayer is that we'll go through it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dr. Patton,

So this means that you are leaving North Greenville and going to the church full-time? Blessings to you as you follow the Lord. Would you mind to give me a current email address? Send it to msummers@swbts.edu. Go Cards!!

Michael Summers