Thursday, September 14, 2006

IMB Commissioning Service

My family and I had the privilege of attending an International Mission Board Commissioning Service last night at North Spartanburg First Baptist Church. To say that it was inspiring is an understatement. The service from start to finish was a true worship experience. It was gratifying to see one of my former Southwestern students and his wife commissioned. If you have never been to a commissioning service, by all means go to the next one close to you. You really won't be the same.

I was sad that Gordon Fort was not able to attend. He was on the program but was not there. Gordon's wife, Leann, grew up at my last church--Riverside in Ft. Worth. I was hoping to touch base with him but of course was not able to do so. Other than that, it was great night.

No comments: