Sunday, June 18, 2006

First Impressions

We've been here two weeks. What are my first impression of our new digs? First, the weather has been very good. I am amused when I hear the weather folks on TV say, "It is going to be hot." 90 degrees ain't hot! It has ever rained a couple of times. Imagine that. Second, there is no traffic. Driving to work last week at 7:30am and very few cars to contend with. That is a tremendous blessing. One of my co-workers gave me another route I could take to get to work to miss the major road here in Greer and the "traffic." What traffic?

We visited our second church today. This one is very close to our home. We found out today that they too have an interim pastor. So far we've attended two churches and two interim pastors. Good sevices at both churches. Last week's church is larger than this one, although there was a good sized crowd at today's service. One is more traditional than the other. Don't know yet what God would have us to do. We're going to visit at least one more church before we make a decision on membership.

By the way, Happy Father's Day!

No comments: